Completed in 2004, the boathouse was funded by an anonymous Washington University donor who envisioned a state-of-the-art facility for storing and maintaining racing shells. Resting on the banks of the 320-acre, wind-protected Creve Coeur Lake, the Washington University Boathouse overlooks the racing course of the 1904 World Olympic Games. With seven storage bays, the facility is home to dozens of premier racing shells. In addition, the boathouse features a full erg room, locker rooms, and offices for the coaching staff. The facility remains the prominent representation of rowing in the area, housing not only Wash U. Crew but also the St. Louis Rowing Club and St. Louis University Men's and Women's Rowing team.
The South Campus gym is where most Wash U. club teams practice. The building, a former St. Louis area high school, was purchased by the University in 2007 and now houses the team's erg room. A place for athletes to meet other club teams, the South Campus Gym remains a valuable center for land training.
The Athletic Complex, featuring the recently built Gary M. Sumers Recreation Center, serves as the hub of athletic life on campus. Here, our athletes have access to varsity weight training facilities and Sports Performance coaches in addition to a vast array of cross-training resources.