Welcoming 2018-19 Recruits
With the new year creeping up, Fall Recruitment is right around the corner! Here at WashU Crew, we are thrilled to be welcoming in a new class of First Year Students, and with that a new class of novice rowers. If you're interested in joining a sports team while at WashU, come check us out! We're a team of men and women from all majors, years, and athletic backgrounds. No prior rowing experience is required and in fact, most of our current team members learned how to row here at WashU. Love being competitive and a part of a team but aren't sure if athletics are up your alley? Ask us about coxing! A coxswain (pronounced cox-in) is a vital member of rowing teams -- they steer the boats, run the race plan, and call the shots. We practice 6 days/week, travel around the country to compete, and have one heck of a good time while doing it all.
Here’s the rundown on our event schedule for the first few weeks of fall:
- Late Night at the Rec - Friday August 24th, 9:30-11:30 PM, Sumers Recreation Center
- Open House - Saturday August 25th, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM, Meet at the Clocktower
- Activities Fair - Friday August 31stst, 4:00-6:30 PM, Mudd Field
- Boathouse Tour - Saturday September 1st, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Meet at the Clocktower
- Info Session I - Tuesday September 4th, 6:00 PM, Sumers Recreation Center, Lopata Room
- Info Session II - Wednesday September 5th, 4:00 PM, DUC 239
- First Practice - Saturday September 8th, 5:00-7:30 AM, Meet at the Clocktower
Sounds like a fun string of events!
Interested in learning more but can’t make it to any of these events? No worries! Shoot an email to Ivan Ginsberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Trish Collins (email@example.com) and we will find a time to meet with you and answer any questions you may have. We're looking forward to meeting you all this fall!